Toronto FC vs. Montreal Impact
5:00 PM Eastern
Stade Saputo Montreal, Quebec
TSN 4 & 5
The Headliner: A day of many different scenarios
Today's game has some of the highest stakes in Toronto FC history, it could be the difference between finishing second in the conference and skipping the first round of the playoffs or finishing in the sixth and final playoff spot. Here are all of the different scenarios that could play out tonight.
- If Toronto FC lose to the Montreal Impact by any score the Impact pass them in the standings, and fifth is the highest TFC can finish.
- If the New England Revolution win over the New York City FC combined with a Toronto Loss then TFC finish sixth in the conference.
- If Toronto draw then they automatically guarantee a home playoff game as they would finish in at least fourth place in the standings.
- If DC United beat the Columbus Crew then Toronto FC could move up into the third spot with a draw.
- If Toronto win then they are automatically guaranteed a home playoff game and can finish no lower than third spot, as they would pass one of DC United or Columbus Crew who play each other today.
- If DC United and Columbus Crew draw, a Toronto win would push them into the second place in the conference and they would get a bye through the first round of the playoffs.
Toronto FC- Konopka, Morrow, Kantari, Williams, Jackson, Osorio, Cheyrou, Bradley, Findley, Giovinco, Altidore
Subs: Bendik, Morgan, Zavaleta, Warner, Delgado, Moore, Gomez
In goal, Chris Konopka returns after Joe Bendik was given the last match to keep in form for the playoffs. In front of him Toronto FC will continue with what is their now first choice backline, considering the injury to Damien Perquis, of Justin Morrow, Ahmed Kantari, Josh Williams and Jackson.
In the midfield, Jonathan Osorio is back after being out of the Columbus match injured, which is a crucial return for a club that visibly missed him last Saturday. Robbie Findley will be the other winger as Michael Bradley and Benoit Cheyrou continue their partnership in the middle.
Up front, Jozy Altidore returns after being suspended for the last game against Columbus Crew. He will partner beside Sebastian Giovinco in a pairing that will be the key to victory for Toronto FC.