First off, apologies for the week off last week. We’ll consider that a pop quiz to everyone to see how far people have come this fantasy season.
Jumping to this week, a tricky Week 11 proved to be helpful to a couple teams with multiple games. Just ask the Columbus Crew squad.
Highlights of the Dream Team:
Week 11 was dominated by players from the Crew as well as LAFC. On a side note, it’s nice to see expansion teams really dive head first into the league in recent years (Atlanta and LAFC).
Gyasi Zardes led the way with 44 points if you captained him and 22 if you simply had him in your squad. He posted three goals in the two games Columbus had this match week.
*Another side note, for clarification purposes, a team can have two games for whatever reason within one match week of the league. For example, in Week 11 the Crew, LAFC and Atlanta each played on 5/9 and then again on 5/12 or 5/13. Mathematically speaking this automatically doubles their opportunity for points provided they play in both games.
Joining Zardes from the Crew in the team of the week were Jonathan Mensah, Harrison Afful, and Zack Steffen who had 18, 19, and 18 points respectively. The trio picked up the majority of their points for the two clean sheets they combined for in their 1-0 victory over the Philadelphia Union and 3-0 over the Chicago Fire.
LAFC were well represented with four players in the Dream Team this week: Walker Zimmerman, Eduard Atuesta, Mark-Anthony Kaye and Carlos Vela. They each had 17 points, with the exception of Vela who had 18. Zimmerman garnered points for his overall defensive display and clean sheet in their 2-0 victory over Minnesota. Kaye chipped in a goal and assist over the two games. Autesta grabbed one against Minnesota as well as the clean sheet. Carlos Vela did Vela things with a goal and assist across the games.
The Dream team was rounded out by Raymond Gaddis (Union), Haris Medunjanin (Union), and local boy Jonathan Osorio (Toronto FC). They had 15, 15, and 14 points respectively.
Top Teams This Week!
The top three shows the familiar suspects again with BL4CKnRED on top followed by Oldergoaler and Zahlan. Zahlan had the top score this round with 162 points!
Recapping tips from last week:
Unfortunately I need to skip over this section this time as there wasn't a posting last week. But there should be a lesson learned (which most of you seemed to already know based on the scores) to utilize players with multiple games in the match week, while also skipping players on their bye weeks.
Tips for Week 12:
- Looks like the only team on a bye this week are the Seattle Sounders. The only double headers this week are for San Jose and Vancouver. So you just have to avoid the Sounders and take some of the Whitecaps for a mathematical advantage.
- I like Toronto to right the ship against Orlando. I’m taking Bono and Osorio, two of the more consistent performers.
- Alphonso Davies or Kei Kamara don’t look bad for Vancouver. Probably two or three goals between them over their two game spread.
- As hot as the Crew were last week I don't like them at New England, that turf just does things to people. Avoiding the Crew players.
- NYCFC players look a safe bet at home against the lowly Colorado Rapids. Granted, everytime I say something like that it backfires, but lets roll with them.
- Last call is Atlanta United hosting the New York Red Bulls. I like this one to be the goalfest this week. There always seems to be a six or seven goal thriller. Hoping it’s this game this week.
Good luck to all this week!