With Toronto still not really firing on all cylinders, the fantasy league offers a nice distraction for supporters who remain frustrated. Here’s a look at the week nine dream team.
Highlights of the Dream Team:
A variety of teams are represented this week with three players from LAFC. Sadly TFC was not represented again this week.
Leading the way was Bastian Schweinsteiger who posted 17 (34 if captained) points as the Fire came back in controversial fashion against TFC. Although his goal shouldn't have counted (the play was offside, insert angry VAR comment here), he was credited with a goal and assist and points for his overall play.
LAFC had Laurent Ciman, Steven Beitashour (whom I miss more and more each week) and Walker Zimmerman who had 14, 9, and 10 points respectively. If goal line clearances counted for points, Beitashour and Zimmerman would've been set this week. Each had a great clear to preserve their team’s clean sheet. Ciman had the only goal in the form of the dramatic stoppage-time winner.
Miguel Almiron again finds himself in the dream team as he had two goals and nearly a third that went off the post in his team’s 4-1 comeback against Montreal.
Top Teams This Week!
The top three remain unchanged this week and BL4CKnRED continues to lead the way. Top score of the round went to Rosen with 98 points!
Recapping tips from last week:
- I was’t too far off with playing it safe on Atlanta’s players. Miguel Almiron, Josef Martinez and Brad Guzan had 15, 6, and 3 points respectively. Atlanta players look hot this season.
- I suggested avoiding the usually in-form NYCFC players this week. Although they did post a 3-1 win over FC Dallas (in not exactly convincing fashion), the only player to score over seven points was David Villa. I’ll take this as W in in my book.
- Andre Blake of Philly and Steve Clark of D.C. United had four and two points respectively. I was way off base here with the goalkeeping duel. This game exploded for five goals, ugly goals may I add but they all count the same.
- In the game I hoped for goals, LAFC versus Seattle, there was only one goal in stoppage time for the home side. Carlos Vela who I selected fared okay with just five points.
Tips for week ten:
- The only players on a bye this week are on D.C. United. All others are fair game.
- I still like Miguel Almiron this week. He leads the league with 92 fantasy points. To put that in perspective, the second highest total is 75 from Maxi Moralez. That and Almiron is on Atlanta’s PKs for now which makes him a lock for my team most weeks.
- It’s also time to load up on TFC players as they host Philly on Friday. Obvious caution should be used especially if you’re taking defenders. Jonathan Osorio is a great pickup though valued at $6.9M, especially considering the goalscoring form he’s in.
- Sporting Kansas City could be for real this year. Third highest performer this year so far is Graham Zusi, valued at $9.5M. Him and his teammate Johnny Russell ($9.8M) look to be good additions this week. Not to mention they host Colorado who can be dreadful.
- Interesting matchup this week with the two New York clubs battling it out. Anton Tinnerholm of NYCFC ($7.3M) and Jo Inge Berget of NYCFC ($6.2M) look to be best value in this one.
Any and all tips are welcome! Good luck all!