We’ll chalk this week up as a win for everyone because TFC finally won a game for the first time in forever. In terms of fantasy though, it was probably the most diverse lineup we’ve had thus far.
Highlights of the Dream Team:
- NYCFC was the most represented club this week with Maxi Moralez leading the way once again. He’s certainly becoming a lock week in and week out, he had 34 points if you captained him. His teammates David Villa and Ronald Matarrita scored big as well with 17 and 13 points respectively. Villa did Villa things with two goals this week as Matarrita chipped in with a goal and the clean sheet.
- Borek Dockal (Philadelphia Union) went off with 16 points through a goal and two assists as Philadelphia rocked Real Salt Lake 4-1.
- Danny Hoesen (16 fantasy points) of San Jose registered two goals through his team's two games this match week. Hoesen, his teammate Nick Lima (12 points) and Yordy Reyna (15 points) of the Vancouver Whitecaps all benefited from the two games their teams had this week.
Top Teams This Week!
Nearly an identical top ten on the leaderboard with only a few small changes towards the bottom. BL4CKnRED leads the way again with Oldergoaler and Zahlan in second and third respectively.
A fresh face in Chiodo-Sandy had the highest score of the round with 113 points!
Recapping tips from last week:
- I took Bono and Osorio of our beloved TFC who only posted four points a piece for their part in the 2-1 win over Orlando.
- Alphonso Davies and Kei Kamara of Vancouver only had four points and nine points respectively in their two games. Kamara was decent value at $8.7M but Davies was not so much.
- I was unfortunately wrong about the Columbus Crew getting hung up by the turf in New England. They took home a 1-0 victory and Lalas Abubakar got credit for the goal and clean sheet to rack up 13 fantasy points.
- I was however very right about NYCFC players over the Colorado Rapids. Seven of their players had eight points or more and three of them were in the Dream team this week!
- Atlanta United and New York Red Bulls put up a good show and four goals between them. Not the huge goal fest I was looking for but a good turnout nonetheless.
Tips for Week 13:
- Atlanta United is the only team on a bye for week 13. No double headers to speak of so no advantages there.
- I’m not totally convinced of FC Dallas when they play Toronto this week at BMO. I’d love for Toronto to be on to something so I’ll stand by Osorio ($8.4M) and maybe even pick up Telfer ($4.5M) who looked great against Orlando. For good measure I threw in Chapman ($6.7M).
- LAFC look good value when they host D.C. United. I took Beitashour who I miss more each week and Laurent Ciman who I believe made the Belgian World Cup squad.
- NYCFC travel to Houston but I still think they’re too hot to handle. Although both over $10M I made room for Maxi Moralez and David Villa. I’ve written too much about them to not have them in my team.
- I also grabbed three Columbus Crew players as the Crew also look good lately. Specifically I took Zack Steffen, Josh Williams and Hector Jimenez.
I’m going to start getting on a roll with TFC and hope they continue their form. Good luck to all this week!