A scattered week across the league didn't exactly do favours for most fantasy players...
Highlights of the Dream Team:
- Cristian Techera led the way this week with 19 points (38 if he was captained) as he scored an unexpected hat trick against New England and honestly could've had more. Looks like he was only owned by 1.42% of players though, so don't feel bad if you didn't see that coming.
- Jesse Gonzalez of FC Dallas put on a show at BMO it has to be said. Worth all of the 15 points he gathered with several classy stops and a PK save mixed in there.
- Samuel Armenteros and Sebastian Blanco (both of Portland Timbers) each had 13 points this week as their side won 3-2 on the road in Colorado. Blanco got his points through creating while Armenteros provided the finishing with two goals.
- The rest of the squad was rounded out with decent performances all around with several players getting 11 points.
- Nutmeg the squirrel ( I think thats what he goes by nowadays) gets an honorable mention this week as TFC haven't had anyone in the Dream Team in too long.
Top Teams This Week!
Minimal changes to this week’s top 10 again aside from a bit of jostling around the bottom. BL4CKnRED continues to lead the way but the gap to second is a mere 10 points!
Highest score of the round goes to Lively, who had 93 points!
Recapping tips from last week:
- On another day my TFC vs. Dallas prediction looks great. TFC easily could've put at least three goals away but on this day in this season the boys in red disappointed again. The trio I suggested of Osorio, Chapman and Telfer combined for seven points.
- LAFC duo Steven Beitashour and Laurent Ciman were my picks for last week. Beitashour, who has been in good form, didn't play this past week and Ciman was decent value for his six points.
- Of course the week I make room for David Villa and Maxi Moralez they have an off week. NYCFC didn't look so hot as they lost 3-1 in Houston and Villa and Moralez posted eight and six points respectively.
- Taking some of the Crew defenders last week proved to be a good move as they drew 0-0 against Sporting Kansas City. Zack Steffen and Josh Williams had nine points apiece.
Tips for Week 13:
- I did the math for you again and the eight teams with double headers this week are the Houston Dynamo, Atlanta United, Chicago Fire, Real Salt Lake, Philadelphia Union, FC Dallas, New England Revolution, and L.A. Galaxy. Pretty easy week to take advantage of. By my count D.C. United are the only team on a bye.
- Surprisingly I like New England this week as they have two home games, which sets them up for success. I’m going to try and use Diego Fagundez and Teal Bunbury at $9.2M and $9.7M respectively. I’d like to see them pop out some more goals like last week.
- I have a soft spot for Michael Parkhurst ($8.0M) of Atlanta United in his double header. I’m hoping he’ll prove good with a combination of a clean sheet, assist or goal.
- Romain Alessandrini of L.A Galaxy has been coming up in the dream team often. At $8.7M I’m hoping he’s undervalued so I’m using him.
- I’m also avoiding TFC when they go to Columbus. That’s a big ask for a team short on confidence. On the flip side the Crew might be good for another clean sheet. Either way I’m avoiding this game.
Good luck to all this week!