It seems like months ago we last watched Toronto FC play with all that’s been going on with the World Cup. But just under a week ago the Reds had us on a rollercoaster that finished 4-4 at BMO and saw three players in the Dream Team for week 16!
Highlights of the Dream Team:
- Nick Hagglund of all people led the way with a surprising two goals and earned a valuable 16 points, 32 if captained. Fellow Reds Victor Vazquez and Sebastian Giovinco joined the Dream Team as well with 16 and 9 points respectively. Vazquez tallied a goal and two assists while Giovinco had an assist among other Giovinco things.
- Montreal was in strong attendance as well with three representatives in the Dream Team: Ignacio Piatti, Rod Fanni, and Daniel Lovitz. The trio got points for their part in the 3-0 clean sheet over visiting Orlando City. Patti scored major points for his two goals while Fanni chipped in with a goal and assist as well.
- Yamil Asad of D.C. United will unfortunately look familiar to the BMO faithful as he was good for two goals in the 4-4 thriller. His part in the contest garnered him 14 points.
- Diego Fagundez of the New England Revolution grabbed 14 points as he recorded a goal and assist this week in his team’s 2-2 draw with San Jose.
Top Teams This Week!
The top ten teams remain unchanged with only a few place changes with Lewis overtaking Guy for fifth place and Kane overtaking Jones for ninth. Still much of the season to play though and its certainly not over for anyone!
Recapping tips from last week:
- Josef Martinez was decent value for six points as he got his goal in a 2-0 win for Atlanta over Columbus. However, he sustained an injury and unfortunately couldn't gather more from this game. His teammate Michael Parkhurst was credited with the clean sheet and general defensive work which was good for seven points. I also played Greg Garza of Atlanta who ended up not playing, lost points there.
- I was close with the NYRB vs Seattle scoreline which ended 2-1 ( I called for 1-0 or 2-0). Bradley Wright-Philips was good value for his eight points. Unfortunately his teammates I played in Luis Robles and Tim Parker only got four and three points respectively.
- Not many specific players called out last week with international duty and only six games being played.
Tips for Week 17:
- A healthy 10 games and 20 teams to choose from this week with only New England, D.C United, and LA Galaxy on byes this week.
- Not a lot of great team matches this week. But I like Real Salt Lake hosting San Jose the best, in favour of Real Salt Lake. With that being said I’m going to start with Nick RImando in goal ($7.3M), Justen Glad ($8.5M) and their top fantasy points getter Albert Rusnak ($10.3M)
- I hate to say it but TFC don't look high on confidence and look unreliable (I think is the best way to put it). When they travel to Yankee Stadium to play NYCFC i’d expect goals. I’m taking Anton TInnerholm again ($6.5M) and the always reliable Maxi Moralez ($12M). Also from this game if you can afford a gamble i’m taking Victor Vazquez ($10.2M). He seems to be the focal point of anything good for TFC.
- Montreal just whooped Orlando 3-0 last week but as they play again this time i’m not sure how this one will go. I’m going with Montreal who have won three of their last four. I took Danny Lovitz ($4.8M) and Samuel Pitette ($8.5M).
Good luck as always this week!