Toronto may have dropped points again but at least there were plenty of fantasy points to be had!
Highlights of the Dream Team:
- Borek Dockal of the Philadelphia Union was the big winner this week. Dockal had 17 points on the week (34 if captained) courtesy of two goals and credit for the clean sheet in the Union’s 4-0 romp over Vancouver.
- Laurent Ciman of LAFC also cashed in big this week with a goal and the clean sheet as his side took down the visiting Columbus Crew 2-0.
- A trio of New York Red Bulls were present this week in the form of Luis Robles, Kemar Lawrence and Aaron Long. Lawrence and Long had 15 and 14 points respectively as each of them had a goal and had a hand in the clean sheet the Red Bulls had over Dallas. Robles chipped in with six saves in the effort.
- Daniel Salloi of Sporting Kansas City led the effort for his squad in a 3-2 win over the Houston Dynamo. Salloi had 15 fantasy points via a goal and two assists.
Top Teams This Week!
- The undisputed leader in BL4CKnRED continues his march on and remains confidently in first.
- Zahlan has overtaken Oldergoaler for second on top of a huge 101-point week which also happened to be the top score.
- Bellows jumps up one spot into sixth in place of Guy.
Recapping tips from last week:
- I was hoping that Real Salt Lake would take it to visiting San Jose but the soccer gods thought otherwise and handed out a 1-1 draw. Albert Rusnak was an easy pick who cashed in 11 points. Unfortunately his teammates I took in Nick Rimando and Justen Gladly put in four and one point respectively. Continues to be one of the most unpredictable leagues!
- Call it what you want for betting against TFC and taking some of their rivals this week. But Maxi Moralez pulled through with 11 points. His teammate Anton Tinnerholm continues to be a decent filler as he chipped in four points for a modest $6.5M.
- Victor Vazquez was the top TFC performer and had eight points, notably for his delightful goal in the 2-1 loss at Yankee Stadium.
- Unfortunately continuing on the rival train I took some more of the bad guys via two Montreal players. Daniel Lovitz valued at $4.8M was the best value for me as he had nine points! Samuel Piette was decent value for his five points.
Tips for Week 17:
- Another full slate of games this week to choose from with only the Houston Dynamo on a bye this week,
- I’m starting off by looking at D.C. United traveling to the turf home of New England where most visitors struggle. With that I’ll be starting off with Diego Fagundez ($10.0M) and Cristian Penilla ($8.9M). They’re the two top performers for the Revolution (fantasy points wise anyway.)
- I also like Atlanta United hosting Orlando City this week, something about the way Atlanta play sometimes is just so exciting when they go forward. Look for big points again from Josef Martinez ($11.2M) and Michael Parkhurst ($8.3M).
- I’m hoping for a good week from the boys in red. I’m gambling on Gregory van der Wiel ($6.6M) and Nick Hagglund ($5.2M). I’d love for a clean sheet which is pretty optimistic (especially against the high-flying New York Red Bulls) but I’ll settle for a goal or assist from either of them as well, of course.
- LAFC host the ever-unpredictable Philadelphia Union who are still poor on the road. I’m splashing $10.3M on Laurent Ciman as he's been outstanding lately and the Union are due for a poor offensive game.
- The rest of the squad is trimmed to fit the budget with cheaper players around $6M a piece as I can't really afford much else.
Good luck to all again this week and be sure to follow WTR during the World Cup for some commentary!