Not only does another Toronto FCloss mean points dropped in the standings, it means fantasy points dropped as well. With that being said, take a look at the Dream Team for Week 18 below:
Highlights of the Dream Team:
- Adama Diomande is the leading man this week. His 17 points (34 if captained) led the way through a hat trick as Los Angeles FC demolished the Philadelphia Union 4-1. He was joined by his teammate Latin Blessing who was the assist man on the day. Blessing had two assists and a stoppage time goal to cap off the performance, all good for 16 points.
- Atlanta United rolled over Orlando City 4-0 in large part due to one of their stars Miguel Almiron who led his side with two goals and 14 fantasy points. Mikey Ambrose had an assist and helped out with the clean sheet which translated to 12 fantasy points.
- A pair of New York Red Bulls also made the Dream Team this week for good reason. Luis Robles put on a clinic at BMO the other day and garnered 15 points for his work which included a penalty save. Kemar Lawrence scored what turned out to be the match winner in the 1-0 victory with the flukiest of goals that fell through Alex Bono’s hands.
Top Teams This Week!
An unchanged top ten doesn't look much different but the top two gap has shrunk to just 11 points as Zahlan closes the gap on the leader BL4CKnRED.
Recapping tips from last week:
- Always nice to start off on a high note as my two New England players Cristian Penilla and Diego Fagundez put in a solid shift. Penilla had two goals which was good for 13 fantasy points while Faundez had an assist which was good for just five points.
- I’m taking half credit as I called for a big Atlanta performance but didn't have the two biggest performers. However I did pitch the idea of taking Josef Martinez and Micahel Parkhurst who had 11 and 10 points respectively.
- Just to cover my bases here I did mention that I was optimistic when taking two of the Reds in Gregory van der Wiel and Nick Hagglund. I didn’t know van der Wiel was hurt and Hagglund put in a mediocre performance (although he wasn't alone). Hagglund only had a three point return this week.
- Laurent Ciman of LAFC was my last expensive addition that halfway flopped as he made minimal contributions in his side’s win; he only had three points.
Tips for Week 19:
- A total of 17 games are slated for this week and no one on a bye. The teams scoring double points with doubleheaders this game week include (in alphabetical order): Atlanta United, Colorado Rapids, FC Dallas, Houston Dynamo, LAFC, LA Galaxy, Minnesota United, Real Salt Lake, Sporting Kansas City, Seattle Sounders, and Toronto FC. All of these teams have players in two games this week which means automatic double points! Based on this, all of my team will have players solely based on these teams.
- Real Salt Lake may seem like an odd place to start but i’m starting here as statistics still support home teams. Real have two home games in a short space of time so i’m going with Albert Rusnak ($10.4M).
- LAFC look like they're flying at the moment so I'm going back Laurent Ciman ($10.8M) and Steven Beitashour ($8.8M).
- I’m pretty spendthrift and still liking Atlanta’s style, and I’m especially thrilled that Miguel Almiron ($12.6M) is back. So i’m taking Almiron, Michael Parkhurst ($8.8M), and their keeper Brad Guzan ($7.4M). Atlanta travel to Dallas and Philly but I think they're too hot to handle at the moment as they still are averaging the incredible 2 points per game mark.
- From Minnesota i’m utilizing Miguel Ibarra ($7.5M) and Christian Ramirez ($6.5M). I’m hoping these will be my “value” picks.
- Can’t lost faith in Toronto either so i’m going out on a limb also due to my lack of funds at this point, but I took Alex Bono ($7.5M) and Jay Chapman ($5.6M). Hoping Chapman gets some game time with the doubleheader?
Good luck to all this week! Go Belgium and England in the World Cup!