Week seven tossed up some some points to be had in fantasy land! Let’s start with the big earners this past week:
Highlights of Week Seven:
- He may have been the surprise package of the week but NYCFC’s Ismael Tajouri-Shradi hit Minnesota United with two goals and an assist good for 42 points if you captained him.
- Montreal had the benefit of a double header in which they posted two clean sheets. Evan Bush got his share of the clean sheets with 16 points while defenders Zakaria Diallo and Danny Lovitz earned their points with 19 and 17 respectively .
- Speaking of double headers, D.C. United were the other team having two games this week. D.C. posted a clean sheet in one and took an away victory from Colorado in the other. They were paced by goals by Luciano Acosta (12 points) and Lucas Rodriguez (11 points).
- The Dream Team is never complete without Zlatan Ibrahimovic. The legend led L.A. Galaxy with both goals in a 2-0 victory over the visiting Philadelphia Union.
WTR Top Ten:
Continued dominance from BL4CKnRED sees them on top for another week with perennial power Oldergoaler in second and Chiodo in third. High score of the round went to Jones with 131!
Tips for week eight:
- Alone now in the unbeaten category are the Seattle Sounders who coincidentally pay a visit to LAFC to face Bob Bradley’s side at Banc of Calfiornia Stadium. Maybe it’s hedging my bets a bit as I already have most of LAFC’s attack but I’ll take on a couple of Seattle’s back line who have conceded a league low 5 goals thus far. Insert Kevin Leerdam ($8.0M) and Kim Kee-hee ($7.4M).
- Current league basement dwellers Portland Timber’s travel to the black and yellow of the Columbus Crew. The Timber’s stride into Ohio on the back of a five game losing streak and it doesn’t look like that will change anytime soon. I still have the utmost respect for Zack Steffen ($8.7M) who is continuing to put up big fantasy numbers. I’m also going out on a limb for Gyasi Zardes ($9.3M) who hasn't always impressed me but should look good against the Timbers.
- At this point if I could afford Pozuelo ($11.5M) or Altidore ($11.1M) i’d throw them in for sure. Don’t look now but this new dynamic duo have TFC flying high and tied for second in goals for thus far with 14, only behind LAFC with 21.