If you’re reading this, we’re assuming you love Toronto FC and the community we’ve built here at Waking the Red. Here’s your chance to take your Toronto FC passion to the next level.
Waking the Red is looking for its next site manager. Keep reading to find out if this is the perfect opportunity for you.
What does the role entail?
The manager would be responsible for the following duties:
- Making sure that the site is publishing every day, and at a volume high enough for the site to continue to grow.
- Manage the site’s Facebook and Twitter accounts, and help them continue to grow.
- Recruit, train and manage a staff of contributors that cover Toronto FC news on the site.
- Regular communication with SB Nation management over site goals, traffic, and progress.
- Moderating and maintaining a vibrant, welcoming site community.
What qualifications should you have?
Our best manager candidates will:
- Have a passion for Toronto FC and news and is already familiar with Waking the Red.
- Understand how to use popular social media networks, like Twitter and Facebook, and be willing to adapt to new best practices.
- Be able to produce and edit clean copy.
- Have the organizational skills to manage a staff of multiple people.
- Be comfortable working in a remote environment.
How do you apply?
To apply, please submit a resume detailing any previous writing and/or management experience, a cover letter explaining why you’re the best fit for the role, and a soccer-related writing sample via the Vox Media careers page. You must submit all three items to be considered.
If you have questions about the application process or about Waking the Red or SB Nation in general, reach out to Jeanna Thomas, Senior Talent Manager for Team Brands, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Waking the Red and SB Nation are committed to bringing you coverage of Toronto FC from a diverse array of voices and perspectives. If your background and experience do not perfectly align with everything we’re looking for, but you believe you have the potential to thrive in this role, we encourage you to apply.