Highlights of the Dream Team:
- The Portland Timbers put up a nice second half against the Philadelphia Union garnering three goals in the process, largely thanks to Diego Valeri. The Argentine scored a PK, earned a PK and had an assist en route to a 17-point peformance (34 if captained). His teammates Larrys Mabiala and Jeff Attinella each had 10 points for their contributions to the clean sheet.
- The only other clean sheet this week was in Houston where the Dynamo were shut out by Sporting Kansas City. As such, the backline for SKC was duly rewarded with the trio of Matt Besler, Graham Zusi and Ike Opara getting 12, 12, and 10 points apiece.
- The Dream Team can never be complete without the unstoppable Josef Martinez from Atlanta. He bagged another two goals against the good guys this week and put in another shift with 15 fantasy points. Side note, is it too late for Mo Salah comparisons? Martinez is on pace to break a goal per game, has that ever been done before?
- San Jose recorded just their third win of the season thanks to Vako, who snagged two goals against Dallas and recorded 15 fantasy points in the process.
Top Teams This Week!
- Welcome to the “Fall” season of the fantasy league. As you’ve probably noticed all the players evaluations/prices have been reset but more importantly so has our leaderboard!
- BL4CKnRED was our “Spring” Season champion with 2491 points followed up by Zahlan and Oldergoaler. I’ll make sure Charlie sends you the appropriate gift baskets (kidding of course). Let’s just take the collective prize of not losing in Atlanta this week.
- With that being said, congrats to Whaley, our current leader, with 98 points which was also the highest of the round! Good luck keeping the top spot!
Recapping tips from week 23:
- Of course the week I want a clean sheet from Dallas is the week that San Jose decides to get their third win of the year. I’m convinced the MLS script writers conspire against me, but I guess it just makes for a better story. Matt Hedges and Reggie Cannon, who were supposed to cash in for me this week, only had four and six points respectively.
- A very bittersweet win for me this week as I suggested Valeri to be worth his dollar again and it proved right to the tune of 17 points and top performer of the round. Unfortunately for myself I made some last minute changes and dropped him of course.
- Half credit for the prediction in Minnesota as Darwin Quintero got his goal. I called for a very low-scoring game and was just a few stoppage time minutes away from being right until the Sounders clawed back two goals at the death to turn it around. So close yet so far again for us right?
- From NYCFC just continue trusting in Maxi Moralez who popped up with another nine points this week via an assist. Anton Tinnerholm followed suit with an assist of his own and seven points. Ben Sweat turned out to be the only flop from here with just one point in the contest.
- My apologies again about the Zlatan Ibrahimovic mix up, hopefully no one bought him last week. Hopefully no one bought his teammate either. David Bingham could be at partial fault for both goals as the Galaxy were downed 2-1 by the Colorado Rapids. Bingham only had two points for his efforts.
Tips for Week 24:
- No doubleheaders again this week and it looks like just Atlanta on the bye week. For once, and probably the only time this season we don’t have to build our team around Josef Martinez.
- After last week’s topsy turvy games i’m pretty much going to do the opposite of whatever I think so lets start with Toronto. We’ve all said it before but this looks like a real deal of a playoff push. I’m starting with our very own Jonathan Osorio ($10.5M) and the hopefully re-emerging Justin Morrow ($6.2M). From the Sky Blues, I still can't turn down Maxi Moralez ($12.0M). Let’s also take Alex Callens ($7.5M), who has 141 points this year as a defender.
- Is Vako ($8.5M) from San Jose turning out to be the real deal? I’m willing to take that chance as the Earthquakes travel to Colorado. From this game I also like Kellyn Acosta ($8.0M) from the Rapids. Colorado recently acquired his services and it looks like he’s been given the right to roam and patrol the midfield at will through the number 10 role.
- Orlando City travel to D.C. United this weekend and it looks like Dom Dwyer ($9.2M) scores when he wants. He looks good for a goal or two and his keeper and former Red Joe Bendik ($5.0M) is a cheap enough gamble for me against the often harmless D.C United.
- Zack Steffen ($6.0M) is another decent gamble this week as Columbus Crew SC host the Houston Dynamo. The Dynamo continue to struggle on the road with just one win away from home out of 10 tries.
- Unfortunately we’re used to a lot more cap space so it’s already time for the autofill.
Dont forget its a new season, as evidenced by Charlie’s preview. The leaderboard has been reset and is up for grabs! Good luck to all!